The transition from BS4 to BS6 and why you should use best engine oil
The transition from BS4 to the incumbent BS6 technology has been an impressive move, but let’s understand these technological changes better so that you can pick the best engine oil for your automobile to yield powerful performance out of your vehicle.
What are the Bharat Stage Emission Norms all about?
The Bharat Stage (BS) emission norms are based on the European Emission Norms (Euro Norms) and have been adopted to control vehicular emissions within our country. In 2016, the Government of India decided to entirely skip BS5 norms and take a direct leap from BS4 to BS6 by the year 2020. The reason being factors such as:
- Rising levels of pollution, especially due to vehicles
- Global awareness regarding the effects of climate change
- And determination to reverse the climate
The transition from BS4 to the stricter BS6 emission norms from April 1, 2020 was a bold move. It involved upgrading the technology of the vehicles that were being used and included cars, bikes, scooters, trucks, buses, and other heavy duty vehicles. This big stride in the emission switchover is imperative to protect the planet and has brought about a significant change in the amount of pollutants automobiles emit.
How are BS6 technology aiding in the reduction of ecological footprint?
To keep up with the BS6 norms, fuels have been engineered to increase the magnitude of your vehicle’s optimal performance, while significantly reducing harmful emissions at the same time.
- Allow conversion of Carbon Monoxide to Carbon Dioxide.
- Have five times less sulphur content (10 parts per million) as compared to BS4 (50 ppm)
- Oxides of nitrogen (NOx), produced as a result of combustion inside the engine, have been brought down by 70 per cent for diesel, and 25 per cent for petrol engines.
- Real-time tracking of emission is now possible due to the presence of OBD (Onboard Diagnostics) and RDE (Real Driving Emission) in all vehicles
- In addition, diesel motors include DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technologies to further reduce their emission levels.
You can read more about the specific modifications for two wheelers and heavy duty vehicles, respectively, here.
So, which is the best engine oil for your vehicle in the market?
The Divyol Spin 4T SYNTH 10W50 for two wheelers and the Divyol Disol LXV 15W40 CK-4 for four wheelers are carefully formulated, fully synthetic engine oil formula to meet your vehicle’s needs like no other.
- These regulate the internal temperature resulting in higher oxidation stability and a considerable volatility reduction.
- Boast higher shear stability, it manages to maintain uniform viscosity, while providing superior protection to the engine against wear and tear.
- Better viscometry promotes powerful engine cooldown and reduces the pressure off the engine when starting, ensuring better fuel economy.
- Possess strong film thickness ensues protection of engine parts, making it the perfect fit for your automobile.
How does the transition from BS4 to BS6 affect consumer and vehicular performance?
There are many lucrative offers in the market to encourage people to upgrade their vehicles and/or their choice of fuel. While your BS4 engine can support BS6 fuel, it won’t yield the best result for you. And with new technology, manufacturing prices have gone up, resulting in an expected rise in the price of automobiles. However, considering that engines that are compliant with BS6 norms are engineered for a stronger hold over fuel efficiency, you can now enjoy the best engine oil, while it automatically cuts down on your expenses.
The decision to leap from BS4 to BS6 was indeed a revolutionary one, but in the long run, it is the perfect move to ensure sustainable ways of advancing technologically in the automotive industry. Whether you use a two wheeler or a heavy duty vehicle, your automobile must always have a smooth ride. With the new BS6 regulations, your vehicle’s performance need not suffer. Opt only for the best engine oil!